The Abraham and Sarah Family Bible Study Series is a 5 lesson Bible study series about Paul for use in Vacation Bible Schools or other similar settings.
Those who wish to evaluate the Abraham & Sarah – Living Faith: Family Bible Study Series material are encouraged to purchase an Evaluation Kit to receive a sampling of the actual material used in the series. More info found here.
Lessons in the Series
The Blessings of Obedience
We Be Brethren
In this second lesson, the account of Abraham and Lot’s separation will be examined. Students will learn about the importance of brotherly love.
Growing Toward Faith
The third lesson reviews some of the times the faith of Abraham and Sarah was weak. The process of maturing in faith will be examined. Students will learn of the importance of growing in faith.
The Trials of Faithfulness
In the fourth lesson, students will study the trial Abraham faced when he was commanded to sacrifice Isaac. Students will learn about the faith God requires when we face trials in lives today.
Reaching the Heavenly City
The final lesson in the series looks at the ending of Abraham and Sarah’s lives as faithful people who had been seeking a heavenly city for their entire lives. Students will examine the eternal rewards for those who obediently and faithfully serve God.
Appropriate Age Ranges
The Abraham and Sarah: Family Bible Study Series has been designed to be utilized with all ages. Specifically, the material was written with separate material for the following age ranges:
- Birth to 3 years
- 4 years to Kindergarten
- Grades 1 & 2
- Grades 3 & 4
- Grades 5 & 6
- Each set of materials includes examples, application lessons, and illustrations written specifically for the particular age group.
- Teacher manuals are available for children classes (up through the 6th grade). These manuals include a complete guide for the entire class period with lesson text, application examples, review questions, activities, and answers for student worksheets.
- Student packets are available for children classes (up through the 6th grade) AND teen classes (NEW with this series). The student packets take the place of bound student manuals. This means that there are no pages to tear out in the lesson preparation process. The teacher will have a student packet for each student. Each packet is shipped in a separate resealable bag.
- Visual aids are available for all children and teen classes. The visual aids include 43 full color pictures depicting the story of Abraham and Sarah as well as other visual aids designed to harmonize with the material for the particular age group.
- Supplemental materials including: Advertisement flyers to advertise the series, enrollment cards to document attendance of participants, and certificates to recognize participation of students in the series.
- Memory work for each lesson is incorporated throughout the material.