The Joseph Family Bible Study Series is a 5 lesson Bible study series about Joseph for use in Vacation Bible Schools or other similar settings.
Orders for Joseph – Family Bible Study Series can be made on the Ordering page, by calling 901-235-3327, or by e-mail.
Those who wish to evaluate the Joseph: Family Bible Study Series material are encouraged to purchase an Evaluation Kit to receive a sampling of the actual material used in the Joseph: Family Bible Study Series. More info found here.
Lessons in the Series
Joseph, a Young Man: Learning to Lead
This first lesson is based upon Genesis 37:1-11. In this lesson students will study about Joseph as a young man, the dreams he had, and the trouble this caused him in his family. Click here to see a sample of Lesson 1 (Birth – 18 Months Manual)
Joseph, a Brother: A Lesson in Persecution
The second lesson in the series examines Genesis 37:12-36. In this lesson the persecution that Joseph experienced at the hands of his brothers is studied, as well as his response to that persecution. Click here to see a sample of Lesson 2 (Teen Manual)
Joseph, a Household Servant: Learning to be Faithful
The third lesson in this series is based upon Genesis 39:1-20. This lesson looks at Joseph’s time in Potipher’s house, the temptation he received from Potipher’s wife, and his faithfulness to God and Potipher throughout this time. Click here to see a sample of Lesson 3 (4 Years to Kindergarten Manual)
Joseph, a Prisoner and a Governor: An Example of Living Character
The fourth lesson examines Genesis 39:20-41:46. This lesson leads students in examining the years Joseph lived in prison, the righteous character he displayed throughout this time, and the path which would eventually lead him to become governor. Click here to see a sample of Lesson 4 (Grades 1-2 Manual)
Joseph, a Leader of all Egypt: An Example of the Process of Maturing
This final lesson is based upon Genesis 41:46-46:34. As the series concludes, students examine Joseph’s leadership of Egypt, the events which unfold as he is reunited with his brothers, and the maturity he displayed at this point. Click here to see a sample of Lesson 5 (Adult Manual)
Appropriate Age Ranges
The Joseph Family Bible Study Series has been designed to be utilized with all ages. Specifically, the material was written with separate material for the following age ranges:
- 0 to 18 months
- 18 months to 3 years
- 4 years to Kindergarten
- Grades 1 & 2
- Grades 3 & 4
- Grades 5 & 6
Samples of each age range can be seen below.
- Each set of materials includes examples, application lessons, and illustrations written specifically for the particular age group.
- Teacher manuals are available for children classes (up through the 6th grade). These manuals include a complete guide for the entire class period with lesson text, application examples, review questions, activities, and answers for student worksheets.
- Student packets are available for children classes (up through the 6th grade). The student packets take the place of bound student manuals. This means that there are no pages to tear out in the lesson preparation process. The teacher will have a student packet for each student. Each packet is shipped in a separate resealable bag. Samples of student packet contents can be accessed below.
- Visual aids are available for all children and teen classes. The visual aids include 40 color pictures depicting the story of Joseph as well as other visual aids designed to harmonize with the material for the particular age group. Samples of the color Joseph pictures can be accessed below.
- Supplemental materials including: Advertisement flyers to advertise the series, enrollment cards to document attendance of participants, and certificates to recognize participation of students in the series. Samples of these supplemental materials can be accessed below.
- Memory work for each lesson is incorporated throughout the material.
Samples of the Series
- Birth – 18 Months Manual – Lesson 1
- Birth – 18 Months Student Packet – Lesson 1
- 18 Months – 3 Years Manual – Lesson 2
- 18 Months – 3 Years Student Packet – Lesson 2
- 4 Years to Kindergarten Manual – Lesson 3
- 4 Years to Kindergarten Student Packet – Lesson 3
- Grades 1-2 Manual – Lesson 4
- Grades 1-2 Student Packet – Lesson 4
- Grades 3-4 Manual – Lesson 5
- Grades 3-4 Student Packet – Lesson 5
- Grades 5-6 Manual – Lesson 1
- Grades 5-6 Student Packet – Lesson 1
- Teen Manual – Lesson 2
- Adult Manual – Lesson 5
- Example of Images Utilized in Visual Aid Packets
- Example of Advertisement Flyer
- Example of Enrollment Card
- Example of Certificate