“That Ye Might Believe” Family Bible Study Series is a 5 lesson Bible study series about the Miracles of Jesus for use in Vacation Bible Schools or other similar settings.
Those who wish to evaluate “That Ye Might Believe”: Family Bible Study Series material are encouraged to purchase an Evaluation Kit to receive a sampling of the actual material used in “That Ye Might Believe”: Family Bible Study Series. More info found here.
Lessons in the Series
Lesson 1: Jesus Turned Water Into Juice
The miracle of turning water into juice demonstrated Jesus’ power over natural processes in His ability to instantly turn water into juice – a process usually completed
over time on the vine. Students will learn that because we believe we should listen to Jesus like the servants did, even if we don’t understand the reason for the instructions.
Lesson 2: Jesus Healed the Sick
The miracles of healing the nobleman’s son, the lame man at Bethesda, and the blind man at Siloam showed Jesus’ power over sickness, disease, and impairment even over
great distances. Students will learn that because we believe we should help people who are sick and in need of help.
Lesson 3: Jesus Fed the 5,000
The miracle of Jesus feeding the 5,000 demonstrated Jesus’ power over quantity as He made a meal for thousands out of the meal for one boy. Students will learn that because
we believe we should share our things with others.
Lesson 4: Jesus Walked on Water
The miracle of Jesus walking on the water showed Jesus’ power over weather, storms, and the laws of science. Students will learn that because we believe we should act like Peter did. We should have strong enough belief to get active in working for Jesus.
Lesson 5: Jesus Raised Lazarus
The miracle of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead demonstrated Jesus’ power over life, death, and life after death. Students will learn that because we believe we should show love to those who are hurting.
Appropriate Age Ranges
“That Ye Might Believe” Family Bible Study Series has been designed to be utilized with all ages. Specifically, the material was written with separate material for the following age ranges:
- Birth to 3 years
- 4 years to Kindergarten
- Grades 1 & 2
- Grades 3 & 4
- Grades 5 & 6
- Each set of materials includes examples, application lessons, and illustrations written specifically for the particular age group.
- Teacher manuals are available for children classes (up through the 6th grade). These manuals include a complete guide for the entire class period with lesson text, application examples, review questions, activities, and answers for student worksheets.
- Student packets are available for classes up through teen. The student packets take the place of bound student manuals. This means that there are no pages to tear out in the lesson preparation process. The teacher will have a student packet for each student. Each packet is shipped in a separate resealable bag.
- Visual aids are available for all children and teen classes. The visual aids include many color pictures depicting the lessons as well as other visual aids designed to harmonize with the material for the particular age group.
- Supplemental materials including: Advertisement flyers to advertise the series, enrollment cards to document attendance of participants, and certificates to recognize participation of students in the series.
- Memory work for each lesson is incorporated throughout the material.
- Many New Testament applications are incorporated into each lesson